Hey There New Friend!
In the summer of 2003 I did something that I never dreamed I would do; I stepped foot on a university campus to prove to myself and to those around me that I could fulfill a greater destiny than the one I seemed to have inherited as a young child. I know…I know…proving oneself in college should not be the terms by which we judge our significance, but how was I to know that; I was just an eager kid who had recently escaped the trappings of a life most people only catch glimpses of on shows like Law and Order and Breaking Bad.
I felt a huge desire to make a difference, and when I graduated high school I did not quite feel that the impact I was supposed to make had been accomplished yet. When I graduated from high school, the Ft. Worth Star Telegram published an article featuring my story titled “Beating the Odds!” That, along with the encouragement of good people who had entered my life late in high school, provided the motivation I needed to ‘press on’ and achieve something unthinkable only a couple of years before.
The first time I was asked to share my story, I was a green 17 years old girl, and I had no idea what to say except for ‘Thank You!’ I have been sharing my story ever since, and impacting lives along the way. The more I share my testimony, the more I understand my identity, purpose and destiny. One thing I have learned is that I am not alone. I am not the only one who has walked through adversity. I have been inspired by others who have overcome and it has allowed me to desire to be that kind of leader.
My way of ‘paying it forward’ is to share my bittersweet story with others who may feel alone in this world. My hope is that I always show authentic gratitude to the people who helped me in so many ways when I needed it most, and to encourage people to continue to invest in the lives of others around them. I believe there is always a way to see good in the world no matter what circumstances we face.
- Master of Education in Counseling & Human Development HSU 2010
- Bachelor of Behavioral Science Communication HSU 2007
- Diploma Burleson High School 2003
- Simply Encourage was founded with the intention of encouraging others in all areas of life. While raising her children Stephanie has focused on capturing memories through photography and speaking. Her way of giving back is through a program called The Encouraging Gift Project and sharing her story of hope with those in need of a positive message. She also has provided photography and Photo Booth for organizations such as:
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Hardin Simmons University
- New Horizons Ranch
- Buckner International
- HSU Chapel
- Wylie Independent School District
- Beltway Church
- Cana Baptist Church
- First Baptist Church
- Wylie Baptist Church
- South Pointe Church
- First Baptist Church Coleman
- City Lights Ministry
- Burleson Chamber of Commerce Luncheon
- Custer Road United Methodist Church
- Phil Wickham(opened for)
- JJ Heller (opened for)
- Timothy Palmer (opened for)
- Caleb Chapman (opened for)
- Danny Ellison (performed with)
- HSU EPiA Sing (performed in show)
- Beltway Worship Team
- Cana Baptist Youth Worship
- The Mission Abilene
- New Hope Church
- The Mill
I would love to share with your group! Now Booking 2016-2017 Speaking Engagements